Visiting the museum
How to get to the museum
- By road: A 28 – RN 12 – RN 138 – RN 155
- By train: Paris-Alençon (~ 2h) – Paris/Granville and Caen/Tours lines
- Rue Jullien: at the intersection with Rue Louis Lallemant, parking available in the "Cour Capitaine François de Bouilhac"
- Place Foch (Town Hall square)
- Parking de la Dentelle
- From September to June: Tuesday to Firday from 10 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 6 pm ; Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 12:30 and 13:30 to 18 pm. Closed on Monday every week.
- July and August: Monday to Firday from 10 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 6 pm ; Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 12:30 and 13:30 to 18 pm.
- Closed: 1 January, 1 May and 25 December.
Outside, the museum is accessible via access ramps. The upper floors are accessible via a lift.
There is a hearing loop at museum reception, available on request. Guided tours in French Sign Language are also provided.
Dogs are not allowed in the museum, except for guide dogs, which are welcome in the museum!
The Museum of Fine Arts and Lace offers a range of options for groups. The guided tours are tailored to each group's profile. Special activities can be arranged for people with disabilities.
Take your pick from the museum's three themes:
The temporary exhibitions can also be added to the guided tour on request.
A lace-making demonstration can be arranged from Tuesday to Friday, from October to June. Please request this when booking (subject to approval by the Mobilier National).
Prices and bookings
- Full price: €6.60 per person.
One person goes free for every 15 paying visitors.
- Reduced price: €5.60 per person (group from Alençon Urban Community, group of people with disabilities).
One person goes free for every 15 paying visitors.
€3.05 per person (a group consists of at least 10 people).
For a self-guided or guided tour, remember to book your time slot with the museum by calling 02 33 32 40 07 or e-mailing musee@. ville-alencon.fr
In the event of any cancellation or delay, please let the museum know as soon as possible.
- Full price: €4.10 - Adults (26-60 years old)
- Reduced price: €3.05 : Students, senior citizens (over 60 years old), persons with reduced mobility, residents of Alençon Urban Community, members of Alençon Contemporary Art Centre, members of the Alençon Urban Community Employees' Association, member of a group of more than 10 people on a self-guided tour (excludes guided tours), large family, CEZAM card, holder of a museum ticket for "The Argentan House of Lace", holder of a "Trip Normand" membership card.
- Free : People under 26 years old, members of the Friends of the Museums association, companion accompanying a disabled person, teacher with proof of status, school groups without a guide, recipients of government allowances (jobseekers, Active Solidarity Income, etc.), press card, Pass Accueil Normandie, Muséopass holder, ICOM member.
The museum is free for everyone on the first Sunday of every month.
Are you interested in taking a guided tour as an individual visitor?
Every first Sunday of the month, the museum is open free of charge, and offers guided tours in French of the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions.
Free admission and activities for all. Booking advised for the guided tours at 2.30 pm and 4 pm. For information and bookings, call 02 33 32 40 07.
In July and August, on Mondays and Fridays, the museum offers guided tours of the temporary exhibition and permanent collections.
Full price: €6. Reduced price: €5. Booking advised for the tour at 2.30 pm. Length 1h. For information and bookings, call 02 33 32 40 07.
Once a month throughout the year and during the school holidays, children aged 7 to 11 take inspiration from the collections and temporary exhibitions to make their own personal creations like real budding artists.
Price: €5 (includes museum tour and workshop in French). Booking required. Length: 2h.
For information and bookings, call 02 33 32 40 07.
Families at the museum
- "Musée Joyeux"
The museum signed the Môm'Art charter and subscribed to the "ten rights of small visitors". To discover the museum with family, bags of games "Muséojeux" are lent to the reception on request.Come and have fun with family!
- Discover the collections with the family!
Games designed for children aged 5 to 12 are available on request at the museum reception, to help them discover the museum's temporary exhibitions (in French).
As they explore the museum, children will find games to help them uncover the secrets of paintings or lace. There are puzzles in store for them, as well as tactile and sensory exhibits!
Every year, the museum's visitor department and education department offer a programme packed with activities and outreach tools designed for all types of visitor. From nursery school to higher education, every effort is made to ensure that everyone can discover the collections and temporary exhibitions under the best possible conditions.
Feel free to contact us: our two departments can help you set up a specific project, based on one or more themes, for just one session or as part of a partnership. We offer a "tailor-made" service!
Booking required for classes. We advise booking three weeks ahead with the visitor department.
02 33 32 40 07
PricesAll tours, guided or self-guided, are free for classes !
Did you know? The museum hosts two special days for teachers and their students as part of the heritage days for schools. This is a chance for them to discover the collections and try out the museum's learning tools. It's a good way to put together your cultural and artistic projects.
For information and registration, e-mail : email@example.com
A learning activity booklet about the permanent collections and outreach tools is available to view and download.
The museum shop has a selection of items and publications for sale: art books, exhibition catalogues, young people's publications, postcards, lace-related products and more.
The shop is also the only place where you can buy the goods produced by the National Conservatory Workshop for Alençon Lace, attached to the General Administration of the Mobilier National. Treat yourself to some of the lace-makers' gorgeous creations!